Intruder, Fire, CCTV Engineer
Tyneside Security are looking for an experienced engineer who has a good all-round knowledge in security and fire systems.
Candidates need a good all-round knowledge of Security and Fire systems, are able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team when needed. The Ideal candidate will:
- Have a good basic education and ideally a relevant qualification in the electrical industry
- Be able to communicate effectively with both customers and colleagues.
- Be able to plan and work methodically to a high standard.
- Be prepared to be flexible and work indoors and outdoors on a range of sites.
- Be prepared to use step ladders and other access equipment.
- Be computer literate
- Have experience of working in a service environment and working on out of hours call out rota arrangements would be an advantage.
- Have a clean UK driving license
- Have all good all-round knowledge of all Fire and Security systems including Access Control, Intruder, Fire Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV.
- Experience of IP CCTV systems and networks would be highly desirable.
- Past experience of working within an NSI or SSAIB approved company desirable.
Maintenance of Systems
- Visit customer premises and conduct and record functional tests on their systems.
- Repair and replace system components as necessary
- Maintain tools, calibrated test equipment and plant
- Maintain van stock of spares and consumables
- Attend Customers premises in response to system failures and malfunctions
- Participate in out of hours call out arrangements
- Check systems to locate faults
- Identify and rectify faults, repair and replace system components as necessary.
- Leave systems functioning to Customers satisfaction
- Return faulty equipment
- Delivering excellent Customer Service at all times
- Presenting a professional image through high standards of personal appearance including upkeep of work wear and Company vehicle.
- Communicating with Customers to ensure their security systems and service contracts arrangements are meeting their requirements.
- Ensuring Customer documentation is current and in good condition
- Training customers on the correct use of their system
- Identifying opportunities to sell extra works and system enhancements
- Maintaining a clean and tidy working environment
Starting salary negotiable
- Overtime paid after basic hours work and on-call
- Travel expenses paid
- Car/Van, Uniform and mobile
If you’d like to be considered for this vacancy, contact us today! Email your CV and any additional information to email@example.com, or call us on 0191 270 0808